Emerge Strong Through Mental Health Care
Having mental health concerns can negatively impact your life due to poor quality. Concerns like anxiety and depression can take a toll on your physical health as well, which can predispose you to several health complications.
McKinney family medicine specialists can offer a cascade of effective mental health treatments to restore your well-being.
An insight into mental health care
Mental health is a state of mental well-being that enables you to cope with the stresses of life, realize your abilities, and work well to contribute to your community.
Mental health disorders range from mild to severe that affect your thinking, mood, and/or behavior. Many factors contribute to mental disorders such as:
- Biological factors like genetics
- Life events such as trauma, abuse, or the death of a loved one
- Family history of mental health problems
Mental health care addresses common mental health issues that negatively impact your life. This is possible through a thorough knowledge and understanding of the symptoms and when to seek medical help.
Common mental health issues
The most prevailing mental health issues include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Behavioral health issues
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental delays in children
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- Substance abuse
Characteristic features of mental health issues
The striking features of mental health problems include:
- Concentration difficulties
- Anxiousness, worry, or fear
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Substance misuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Appetite changes
- Loss of interest in activities
- Social withdrawal
- Lack of friends and interaction
- Panic attacks
Comprehensive mental health evaluation
During your mental health screenings, your doctor will discuss your symptoms, medical history, medications, thoughts, and more. Your lifestyle habits will be discussed to determine the further course of action.
Other physical health issues will also be treated in addition to mental health disorders.
Managing mental health problems
Treatment for mental health problems depends on the type and severity of your symptoms.
- Lifestyle changes
- Counseling through a therapist
- Counseling for children to manage their moods
- Behavioral therapy for autism
- Nutritional counseling
- Regular exercise program
- Stress reduction strategies
- Medically supervised weight loss
Many suffer from mental health issues due to genetics, or several unhealthy lifestyle habits. But this transforms into an illness when ongoing signs and symptoms cause frequent stress, affecting your ability to function.
Mental health awareness is important so that you can seek medical help to prevent further deterioration. Mental health care is provided by healthcare professionals through medications, therapies, counseling, and lifestyle changes.