Role of Sleep in Maintaining Weight And Tips to Improve Your Sleep
Having quality time for sleep and rest is key to good health, as is maintaining a healthy weight. Quality sleep is a subject that experts at vitality weight loss and wellness institute understand. The connection between sleep and health is vital. In this blog, we will learn about the significance of quality rest in maintaining a healthy weight and be guided with tips on improving our sleep.
- Lack of sleep can trigger ghrelin and leptin, leading to hormonal imbalance. The functions of ghrelin and leptin are one signal for appetite and the other for the fullness of our stomach. As hormonal imbalances occur, we start to feel hungry and overeat.
- Quality sleep can help you with your cravings for high-calorie and sugary beverages, which can be more helpful for us to maintain our healthy diet plan.
- Quality rest and sleep speed up our metabolism. If our metabolism dysregulates, then whatever healthy diet plan we follow will be useless because metabolism deprivation will make it more difficult for our body to burn calories, leading to overeating.
- Quality sleep assists us in making the best food choices. Sleep-deprived sometimes makes us choose poor food with less protein and nutrition. It shows less progress and affects our mental health.
Tips for having quality sleep
- Plan a tight sleeping schedule
Not having a sleeping schedule can lead to big swings in our sleep, eventually affecting our metabolism. A decreasing metabolism can lead to overeating.
- Create an environment of relaxation
Having a relaxing environment can speed up our sleep. According to experts, exposure to artificial lights can be a major reason for weight gain and obesity. And have screen time limits, like avoiding the use of phones, television, and computers before one hour of sleep. Make your bedroom dark, cool, and quiet. It is highly recommended to have a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Avoid eating before bed
Consumption of food, caffeine, and alcohol before going to bed can reduce the success rate of losing weight. Also, it will disrupt your sleeping patterns.
- Anti-stress mind
Avoid heavy stress; it may lead to poor sleep and weight gain. Try using techniques like deep breathing and meditation that will help you decrease your stress. An anti-stress mind will limit our sleep patterns because irregular sleep and oversleeping can lead to weight gain.
Take action now!
This blog taught us the significance and connection between sleep and a healthy body weight. Unravel your weight management routine now.