Elegance in Every Smile Through Porcelain Veneers
Craving for a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing smile is human nature. It helps enhance your overall appearance and boosts your self-esteem. Not all are blessed with a beautiful smile. Fortunately, dental procedures like porcelain veneers can help you achieve it.
Our dentist in Pacific Beach, San Diego, is highly skilled in fabricating porcelain veneers that can revitalize your smile.
An introduction to porcelain veneers
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), a dental veneer is defined as a thin shell or a piece of porcelain that helps to recreate the natural appearance of teeth, in addition to providing strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel.
These are customized dental restorations that are placed on the anterior tooth surface with the help of special bonding agents.
Indications for porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are used to enhance your smile since they can camouflage:
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Teeth that are discolored due to:
- Root canal treatment
- Excess fluoride
- Large resin fillings
- Teeth that are worn out
- Diastema (gaps between the teeth)
- Misshapen teeth
- Teeth that are smaller than the usual
Placing porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneer placement usually requires two dental visits.
During the first visit
- Your dentist will prepare your tooth, and a small amount of enamel structure will be removed.
- You may or may not receive anesthesia.
- Your dentist will provide a cascade of shades that will match appropriately with your natural teeth shade.
- Full mouth impressions will be taken and sent to the lab to fabricate the veneers.
- You may be given temporary veneers to protect your tooth.
During the second visit
- Your dentist will remove the temporary veneer and clean the surface thoroughly.
- The fabricated permanent veneer will be placed, and the fit will be checked.
- A dental bonding agent will be used to fix the veneer permanently.
- The bonding agent will be cured and activated using a special light beam that hardens the material.
Advantages of porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers offer the following benefits:
- Provide natural tooth appearance
- These are permanent fixtures
- They are stain-resistant
- Gums can tolerate the porcelain without any allergic reactions
- Minimal tooth preparation is required
- Highly durable
- Have a long lifespan
Porcelain veneers are excellent dental fixtures to camouflage imperfections and aid in achieving an aesthetic smile. These are durable restorations that can last up to 15 years with proper care.
A beautiful smile feels great and can increase both your confidence and well-being.